Thursday, January 15, 2009

Welcome!

Hey there and welcome to our blog! We are very excited to start our adoption journey. We are currently working on our paper work for our home study. We are working with Maine Adoption Placement Services, or MAPS out of Portland Maine. So far we are really impressed with their Russia program since they were the 1st Russian recognized US agency for adoptions. We are going to try to chronical our journey, all of the ups and downs and pitfalls that is adoption. So, hold on folks, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

4 comments:

  1. i am so so excited for you guys!!!!
    thank you for including me in your journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making this big decision, Deb & Dave! You will be wonderful parents to a very lucky child. I wish you all the best with this process. A friend of mine that I work with used New Hope Christian Services out of Rumney, NH six years ago for the adoption of his son, Alex. He and his wife are in the process once again to adopt a second, older child. They have nothing but great things to say about Russian adoptions. In fact, I mentioned to him today that you were starting the process and he said they'd be happy to chat with you anytime about their experience. I'll email you his contact info.

    I'm excited to follow your journey. I'm pulling for you guys! :-)

    ReplyDelete