Sunday, January 18, 2009

Guardianship

Part of this whole process is choosing a guardian(s) for the adopted child if, god forbid, something were to happen to us. Dave and I had a discussion about this the other night and felt that my sister and her husband were the best candidates. They are not likely to have their own children, so this seemed like the obvious choice. I spoke with my sister last night and asked her if she would consider it and to talk to Brian about it. She seemed very excited about it and assured me that she would talk to him and they would let us know. According to my mom, when she spoke to Brenda last night, she was giddy that we had asked. So, I don't think it will be a problem, plus this will keep our child in the family and my sister gets along with Dave's parents so they would be willing to keep that connection, which is important to us.

3 comments:

  1. That is amazing. We have decided to ask my husband's sister as she is the only sibling that has a full time job.... I am terrified she will say no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got that done. We are still trying to figure out who to ask and Ben is a year old. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete