Sunday, January 18, 2009

Paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork...

My task for today was to go through all of the Home study application paperwork...um, holy hell is it a lot! There is a ton to be notarized and initialed. We also have to ask 5 people to write letters of recommendation for us and have those notarized as well. So far we have 3 out of the 5 all set, I sent out two of them yesterday and my good friend J I can give her the form in person. So, I went through and initialed where I needed, crossed the T's and dotted the I's. I really want to get all of this done within the next few weeks to get the ball rolling with the home study and get a SW all set for February and March. Now, I just have to kick Dave in the butt to get him going on his Autobiography and sign on the dotted line. In his defense, he's been working crazy hours and I think I may be more tweaked over this stuff than he is. I have our I-600A form filled out (for immigration) and we will have to get fingerprinted at some point by the FBI. There are several background checks by the state police and DSS to make sure that we are not criminals...(this makes me laugh). It's a necessary evil, and I don't mind filling it all out, I know the Dossier paperwork will only be double what we are doing right now so it's good practice!

Hope you all have a wonderful long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment