Friday, January 16, 2009

Autobiography

So, Dave and I have to each write an Autobiography for the homestudy. I spent all of last Sunday writing this darn thing and you know it's going to be long when the questions themselves are 3 pages long! I managed to finish about 95% of it and it will need another look over before I submit it. I wrote almost 5 pages about myself, and as most of you know, I'm a pretty private person and talking about myself in the narrative form is a little awkward...

They want to know where you came from, your parent's parenting style and if you want to follow that. They get really indepth and want to know almost everything (except sock color). In a way it's great that they are being this thorough, and I am finding out in this process that you need to open your life for prying eyes (the agency and the Russian government) and be comfortable with that...so as much as it's an inconvience, it's a necessity in order to be sucessful.

I think at this point the biggest chunk of homestudy application is the autobiography and the rest is just gathering paperwork. So I feel pretty good about that accomplishment...now onto ordering birth certificates!

No comments:

Post a Comment